Tuina, also known as Chinese Remedial Massage, is one of the 5 branches of Traditional Chinese Medicine (along with acupuncture, herbs, dietary therapy, Qigong movement). This form of massage works with the body’s channel system to encourage the healthy movement of Qi and Blood through a range of massage techniques, stretches and joint mobilisations.
During this course you will learn:
- Basic introduction to Chinese Medicine theory and diagnostics
- Breathing and physical strengthening exercises to prepare and sustain you whilst providing treatments
- Self massage treatment routines
- A variety of tuina hand techniques
- Fundamentals of channel pathways and basic acupuncture points
- Treatment routines for treatment of different areas of the body
- How to plan and deliver a treatment
Upon completing the course you will be equipped with a range of skills for self-care and the ability to practice Tuina on your family and friends. For those already qualified as a health practitioner (eg acupuncturist, remedial massage therapist), these useful skills can supplement your current treatment toolbox.
Wednesday evenings from 16th February to 22nd June 2022
(Mid-Semester Break Thursday 14th April to Sunday 24th April 2022 – no classes)