Themes and Topics
This seminar is intended as an introduction to the 250-year-old methods of Shonishin.
Treatment of specific conditions such as hyperactivity, bedwetting, night terrors, weak constitutions, asthma, fever, immunization side-effects, ear infections, contusions, insect bites, eczema and neuromotor-related problems will be discussed and demonstrated.
As the workshops will involve as much hands-on practice as possible, the participants are required to have the following supplies:
- Gold grade moxa, incense sticks, lighter and moxa ring
- Semi-pure grade moxa
- Stainless steel press spheres
- Shonishin tools that will be available for purchase at the seminar
There will also be a demonstration of many other non-insertion tools that are possible for more advanced treatment strategies.
Shonishin or “Children Needle” Therapy is a unique Japanese form of pediatric acupuncture. It is applicable to children of all ages from newborns to toddlers and up. The approach primarily emphasizes non-inserted treatment methods to very delicate needle techniques.
The seminar will cover:
- Shonishin Instruments
- Japanese Pediatric Theory
- Determining primary pattern
- The General Whole Body Treatment
- Hyodo’s needling protocol
- Press Spheres
- Japanese Moxabustion protocols of Irie and Shiroda
- Dr Manaka’s treatment strategies
- Home recommendations
What You Can Expect To Learn
- To be able to understand how Paediatric physiology is different from adults.
- An introduction to Shonishin Principles and tools.
- Shonishin precautions, contraindications and how to treat a variety of common childhood illnesses.
- You will considerably improve your diagnostic and assessment skills of children’s illnesses.
- You will also develop a greater sense of qi sensitivity through applying new techniques with non-insertive painless tools.
- You will learn a thorough East Asian Medical model that will allow you to give treatments beyond symptomatic relief.
|Full price||Early Bird *|
12-13th November, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
$100 non-refundable deposit is required to secure your place.
The deposit of $100 is non-refundable.
Balance refundable if cancellation is given 14 days before workshop commencement.
Shiatsu practitioner, student or bodyworker
Should you have any questions about this workshop please contact the college directly.