Training Organisation Identification Number (TOID) – 3609
The Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF) is the national set of standards which assures nationally consistent, high-quality training and assessment services for the clients of Australia’s vocational education and training (VET) system. Download the AQTF Essential Conditions and Standards for Continuing Registration.
The Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) is the national policy for regulated qualifications in the Australian education and training system. It incorporates the quality assured qualifications from each education and training sector into a single comprehensive national qualifications
Graduates of the Diploma of Shiatsu and Oriental Therapies will achieve learning outcomes at level 5.
Diploma of Shiatsu & Oriental Therapies (HLT52215)
The Diploma qualifies individuals who apply integrated technical and theoretical concepts in a broad range of contexts to undertake advanced skilled or paraprofessional work and as a pathway for further learning
Graduates of a Diploma will have technical and theoretical knowledge and concepts, with depth in some areas within a field of work and learning
Graduates of a Diploma will have:
- cognitive and communication skills to identify, analyse, synthesise and act on information from a range of sources
- cognitive, technical and communication skills to analyse, plan, design and evaluate approaches to unpredictable problems and/or management requirements
- specialist technical and creative skills to express ideas and perspectives
- communication skills to transfer knowledge and specialised skills to others and demonstrate an understanding of knowledge
Application of knowledge and skills
Graduates of a Diploma will demonstrate the application of knowledge and skills:
- with depth in some areas of specialisation, in known or changing contexts
- to transfer and apply theoretical concepts and/or technical and/or creative skills in a range of situations
- with personal responsibility and autonomy in performing complex technical operations with responsibility for own outputs in relation to broad parameters for quantity and quality
- with initiative and judgment to organise the work of self and others and plan, coordinate and evaluate the work of teams within broad but generally well-defined parameters
Volume of learning
The volume of learning of a Diploma is typically 1 – 2 years
Reference: Australian Qualifications Framework
The Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority (VRQA) is the statutory authority responsible for ensuring that employers of apprentices and trainees and providers of education and training (including course and qualification owners) meet quality standards, and that information is readily available to support informed choice in education and training.
The Australian Shiatsu College is a registered education provider with the VRQA.
VET funding contracts are contracts between the Victorian Department of Education and Training and registered training organisations, including individual TAFE institutes, for the delivery of government subsidised training. View the 2018-19 VET Funding Contract Victorian Training Guarantee Program
Learner and Employee Questionnaire Report These indicators are based on a survey of students and employers. This sample represents a percentage of this organisation’s training delivery to June 2016. The students and employers surveyed for these indicators were selected by this organisation in accordance with national guidelines.
ASC Privacy & Student Records
The Australian Shiatsu College is committed to ensuring student’s privacy and confidentiality is maintained at all times.
Students have the right to access these records at any time. Please contact the College Director if you wish to access your academic records.
- ASC Complaints and Appeals Policy and Procedures
- ASC Complaints and Feedback Form
- ASC Fees, Charges and Refund Policy and Procedures
- ASC Refund Application Form
Next: Learn about our community